The Network Infrastructure Manager is responsible for Network Design, Engineering, and Support. This includes managing a team of network professionals, vendors and contracts, providing long-term planning, support, upgrade/implementation and troubleshooting for the Client's network, spanning data centers, offices, parts distribution centers, ports and manufacturing facilities. This role spans all aspects of Network and Telephony Services and ensures the availability of Network services running across the Client's landscape.
The position utilizes current technology and industry trends in the network space knowledge to plan for future Network operational needs and projects with a focus on operational stability, performance and cost efficiency, including maintaining a current state network architecture and a future state roadmap which evolves with technology changes. Position may include direct report supervisory responsibilities in the future.
This position has an annual salary range of $150,000 to $250,000 based on experience.
Network Infrastructure Management - 50%
• Develop and implement best practices and service standards related to IT Network infrastructure, operational processes, policies and procedures, tasks, and checklists aimed to increase IT value and align IT services with the needs of the business.
• Supervise the administration of IT Network Infrastructure, and related network systems to ensure security and availability of services to authorized applications, partners, and users.
• Partner with IT leadership to create and maintain a future road map for Network technology, processes and practices.
• Document the design, operation, and troubleshooting of Network technology platforms and procedures.
• Ensure availability of the Network technology platforms that support internal employee business functions and external systems and applications.
• Create, maintain and execute disaster recovery plans and procedures that meet business needs and avoid extended system outages.
• Oversee security administration of Networking in support of the IT Enterprise.
• Ensure network and systems are compliant with security standards and audit requirements. Monitor security compliance in accordance with organizational standards, policies, and procedures.
• Serve as a primary point of contact for service providers and coordinate system design, infrastructure provisioning, configuration and troubleshooting related to Network Infrastructure delivery and operations.
• Create and maintain operational dashboards and management reports relative to systems and network performance.
• Maintain a clear understanding of the business, in order to provide appropriate support and solutions in support of business strategies and opportunities.
Technical Support for other IT Teams - 25%
• Provide leadership and a clear understanding of system development and maintenance, including technology standards, application of methodology, scope definition and management, project planning and tracking, group coordination, and adherence to infrastructure standards as it applies to network technology.
• Provide technical support for IT Services, Enterprise Infrastructure, and other IT business application groups.
• Provide 3rd Tier Level support for the Help Desk and Desktop group in resolving Network infrastructure related issues or requests.
• Manage the queue of problem tickets and User Requests.
• Participate in problem management reporting, resolution and documentation for the Network Infrastructure and Security environment.
• Perform technical review of application and configuration changes.
Project & Budget Management - 25%
• Plan, assign and manage projects such as network hardware or software upgrades, and security integration for business projects.
• Plan, assign and manage projects such as network installations, installation/support for hubs, routers/bridges, firewalls, load balancers, telephone systems and network services.
• Initiate, develop and submit proposals for upgrades and expansion as needed, including providing alternatives, costs, cost/benefit analysis, recommendations, package/vendor evaluations, and solicitation of appropriate approvals.
• Evaluate and pilot new technologies, platforms and trends to determine applicability to solve business challenges and needs.
• Create a strategic networking plan/program that will support business needs, provide insight and guidance for expansion into new areas.
• Manage projects within schedule, budget and performance targets. Monitor project status and develop corrective and contingency plans.
• Perform financial duties including forecasting, creating and managing an annual budget, and vendor payment.
• Provide effective vendor and contract management. Ensure contracts meet Client's standards and are highly leveraged.
• Bachelor’s degree in in Computer Science, Management Information System, or related field, or equivalent combination of education, training and work experience.
• Minimum of seven (7) years of work experience managing Network Infrastructure and Services, including:
• Working experience with network technologies and vendors in the delivery of Network Infrastructure for the implementation of internal and consumer-facing websites, wireless devices, wired technology, and other innovative technologies.
• Networking Technology and Telephony services, Local Area Network (LAN), Wide Area Network (WAN), WIFI, Switches, Routers, Firewall, Load balancer, SDN knowledge and experience of TCP/IP protocols.
• Disaster Recovery planning, testing, and execution.
• Hardware and Software implementation.
• Project management experience.
• Successful work experience managing employee staff and vendor management.
Preferred, but not required:
• Experience with network infrastructure supporting Mainframe, Servers, Call Centers, Remote offices and Data centers.
• Security implementation and management.
• IT support and delivery in the Automotive industry.
Proven track record in the following:
• Strong vendor management and negotiation skills.
• Experience working with senior stakeholders and non-technical business leaders.
• Ability to produce timely deliverables and manage multiple and shifting priorities in a dynamic environment with sound judgment and clear reasoning.
• Project Management certification advantageous, but not required.
• Working knowledge of major networking vendor components from PaloAlto, Cisco, Arista, F5, Dell.
• Working knowledge of major cloud infrastructure such as Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services.
• Working knowledge of the procedures used in the installation, modification maintenance and repair of IT hardware and software.
• Strong project management skills; proven experience in planning, prioritizing, and executing projects and meeting tight system and service delivery deadlines within budget.
• Must be knowledgeable in current technology and industry trends in the network space.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and computer literacy with spreadsheets, word processing and business systems (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
• As a manager, leadership skills are essential. Must be able to utilize appropriate interpersonal styles and methods in guiding individuals/department (subordinates, peers, superiors) or groups toward task accomplishment. Must consistently adhere to Client's policies and procedures and be a positive example for others by demonstrating the Company’s core competencies.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize tasks are essential. Must be able to establish a course of action for self and others/department to accomplish specific goals; must plan and prioritize proper assignments of personnel and/or appropriate allocation of resources.
• Must be analytical and a problem solver with the ability to identify problems and/or cause-effect relationships; identify key issues; secure relevant information from all appropriate sources; identify possible root causes of problems and develop and implement corrective actions for resolution.
• Must consistently maintain a professional and respectful demeanor/attitude and set an example for the department; work effectively with team/work group, as well as with other departments and/or outside contractors/ clients/vendors to accomplish organizational goals.
• Well-balanced interpersonal skills. Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management, team members, customers, and vendors; must be able to clearly and effectively communicate both orally and in writing, using good grammatical form, both in general correspondence, as well as on technical issues.
• Ability to translate the deeply technical information into Executive level summaries and communicate with the business units as needed.
• Ability to influence others at all levels.
• Critical thinking, attention to details, accuracy and data integrity is required.
• Self-motivated and capable of working with minimal supervision and/or direction.
May be required 1 – 4 times per year
Founded in 2018 by an Account Executive who was being pushed to prop up an inferior solution to appease a large vendor. He refused in the interest of his client. The institutional vendor-partner relationship is based on the vendor "rewarding" VARs by providing direct to employee cash incentives, vendor-specific engineering training funds, and lead generation campaigns. This vendor-partner incentive cycle drives up prices and prevents your access to the newest innovative technologies.
We engineer transformative technology solutions for the world’s most creative companies. This takes imagination, relentless client service, and deep loyalty to a common goal. We’ve created partnerships with innovative emerging technology companies to help clients architect, implement, and deploy their vision.
Atlas7 is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.